Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Taking me for Granted

I've been at Warwick since April 10th. Since then, I’ve been training every single day. I know my job is as a trainer but at least when I’m back at base I get admin days. I need them. It gives me a break from training. I think that’s why I’ve been so tired.

I’ve been covering for a girl who has been off with “stress”. Yes, “stress” with inverted commas. This girl is 23. She has been married for a year. She hasn’t just moved house. Her husband does all the cooking and washing and she pays her mum £20 per month to do her cleaning for her. She doesn’t lift a finger. Now, I know we don’t always know what goes on behind closed doors, but what could she be stressed about?

I’m planning a wedding. I’ve just moved house. I do all the cooking and washing, and I share the cleaning with Tom.

She’s been back at work for nearly 4 weeks and she still isn’t training. She has sat in with me twice. She was supposed to train today, but bailed out on me. I was looking forward to having a break. It’s my time of the month and I’ve had a cracking headache all day. Everyone is getting pissed off at her.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I need a holiday.

It’s been a bit weird over the last few days. I’ve been trying to sort out my car insurance, which is due on 1st July. Because we get married on 26th June, I’ve had to refer to myself in my married name. So I’ve been called Mrs B and asking to put my husband on my insurance. Very weird!

We have an ant’s nest in our garden. We come home from work to find ants crawling in our hallway. Anyone got any suggestions for getting rid of them? I dread coming back from holiday and finding out our living room has been taken over by them.

I’m doing Race for Life on Sunday. I’m quite looking forward to it. Here’s hoping I don’t fall over and break my ankle That would NOT be good timing!!

1 Comments:

At 6:03 am, June 08, 2006, Blogger Veronika said...

That girl sounds spoiled rotten!
I've no clue how to get rid of ants in a garden, but I'll bet they're a pain. Hopefully they won't make their way into the house before you can get rid of them.
I'll be cheering for you this weekend during your Race for Life, you go!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home