Monday, May 22, 2006

Wedding Bells and Baby Blues

Friday went without a hitch. The bride looked beautiful. The bridesmaids and pageboy walked down the aisle perfectly. The groom was on top form. But most importantly, the rain held off until after the photos.

We arrived at where the ceremony was taking place. My mum greeted my brother and started to well up with tears. I on the other hand was fine. Or at least I was until the bride started to walk down the aisle. I started to choke up, but I managed to hold it together. Until the vows. When my brother started reciting his vows, I started crying. It came as such a shock to me because I really didn’t expect to. I had to ask my mum for a tissue!!

The sun even came out a little bit for the photos. The dinner was gorgeous. The speeches were heartfelt. So much so, that yes, in my brothers speech, I blubbed! Again, I didn’t expect to. I think its just because our wedding is so close, it got me all emotional. This could be good or bad. It might mean that it’s all out of my system and come our wedding day I’ll be fine. Or, it might mean that come our wedding day, I’ll be even more of a blubbering wreck!!

The bride and groom have gone to St Lucia for their honeymoon. My brother kept it secret right up until the last minute. Not even the bride knew and the only reason we found out is because on Saturday night, my brother rang my dad to tell him. The bride still didn’t know at that point!

I saw my sister on Saturday. She actually pulled her finger out and came to visit my mum with her two sons and grandson. So I met my great nephew for the first time. He is 6 weeks old and absolutely gorgeous.

I’m broody at the best of times anyway, but now I’m so broody I have this aching feeling inside of me that I just want to have a baby. I even had a dream last night that I was pregnant and in labour. Today, I’m training a bunch of midwives. You have no idea what this is doing to me.

I’ll be ok in a few days time. The logical part of me tells me that I’ve got plenty of time and it’d be much better if we waited a few years, but the maternal part of me can’t wait that long. Unfortunately, I don’t have a choice. Tom and I have agreed to wait, so wait I must.

8 Comments:

At 4:04 pm, May 22, 2006, Blogger Steve House said...

I never understood broody. Is it like really wanting a certain type of food?

 
At 4:22 pm, May 22, 2006, Blogger Jolynn said...

I'm so glad the wedding went so well. Yeah for the weather. How often does that happen. I might be posting a baby pic on my site some time today, so you might want to hold off on visiting me. She is the cutest baby ever and she will definitley make you want a baby. :)

 
At 12:55 am, May 23, 2006, Blogger AndieB said...

Hey sweetie! glad to hear things went well with the nuptiuals! Not long now and it will be your turn... if this greencard thing get here... could we see the Dom Rep. on our itinerary?!?!?

 
At 5:46 am, May 23, 2006, Blogger Raehan said...

I always cry at weddings!

Funny, I always loved kids but never had that strong longing to have a baby NOW like many of friends did. But boy, am I glad I finally did. It's great. You have a lot to look forward to.

 
At 8:46 am, May 23, 2006, Blogger serendipity said...

Steve - I guess in a roundabout way it is!

Jolynn - you were right, i should have stayed away

BSTS - Tell me about it!! And yes, I probably am who you think I am

Master Peebody - I currently work for the NHS training hospital staff on the new computer system they're using.

Ladybird - If it all comes through, I'd love to see you in the Dom Rep!

Raehan - I can't wait. Especially after seeing my reat nephew at the weekend!

 
At 3:32 pm, May 23, 2006, Blogger Jolynn said...

I told you!

 
At 2:20 pm, May 25, 2006, Blogger M said...

Just don't wait as long as we did(10 years). That was way too long. I was 32 by the time my son was born and we've been flying without a safety net for 3 years and nothing has happened.

 
At 10:24 pm, May 25, 2006, Blogger Envoy-ette said...

I remember my Mama Bell going off at 19, 23,& 26! I had my first at 28 and second at 30! I wish I had been younger! They wear me out now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home