Thursday, May 25, 2006

Job Offer

So this job interview I went for last week... They offered it me.

I should be elated right? It's the job of my dreams, with the pay that I want. So why aren't I excited?

It means losing 7 days annual leave per year, that 's working days. It also means working some evenings, weekends and bank holidays. What to do...

Haven't got the energy to think about it right now. I've been so tired this week. Tired and slightly nauseous. This week has pretty much been a blur. Can't believe it's Thursday already.

Mum and Dad got their tickets this morning. Why haven't I got mine?

5 Comments:

At 6:02 pm, May 25, 2006, Blogger Walter said...

You have to embrace the new job like a long lost friend...

In regards to what you mentioned, you should check out the "Quick Read" he's written, in which he finds the centre of the universe... in a town called WALLACE!

 
At 10:19 pm, May 25, 2006, Blogger Envoy-ette said...

At 41, my only regret about WORKING, was not taking those PAID vacations. I left with 15 weeks DUE to ME! TIME is something you can't get back, once it's gone, it's GONE. Money will always be in reach. A good compromise would be to work hard for 2 years, saving every cent building a nest egg. If you become a mom, time with your precious little ones will be more important to you then the money. You WON'T be on your death bed saying: "Oh, if only I had worked longer hours at the office..."

 
At 6:25 pm, May 26, 2006, Blogger Jay said...

I can't believe you and your brother have your weddings so close together. That would be meltdown in most families.

New jobs are always stressful, but do take the time to really sort it out and find out what is best for you.

 
At 6:48 pm, May 30, 2006, Blogger Steve House said...

would rather have seven days off a job you hate or work seven days in a job you like. I know what I would do as there are 365 in a year.

 
At 11:56 am, May 31, 2006, Blogger zuzula said...

if it's your dream job surely the extra hours don't matter?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home