Friday, May 12, 2006

Families

Last night Tom and I went to Touchwood Shopping Centre in Solihull. I might have mentioned we’re getting married next month, so we went to John Lewis to complete our wedding list. We’re not expecting many presents as we’re only having a small wedding, but we wanted a list for the people who wanted to get us something but didn’t know what to get. We had great fun. They give you a little barcode scanner and you go round the store scanning the things you want.

Anyway, I’m digressing.

We also went and got our sun lotion for when we go away. It WILL be sunny. Or at least it bloody better be!

This time in 5 weeks, we will have been there for 3 days already!

While writing this post, I’ve just had a phone call from the shop I’m getting my wedding dress from. I was supposed to be having a dress fitting tomorrow. My dress used to fit perfectly, I’m sure of it, but last time I tried it on, we decided it was too big round the bust, how I don’t know as I’m very well endowed in that area.

Anyway…digressing again.

My fitting has been cancelled, as the dressmaker can’t it. My bridesmaid is still going in for hers, as her alteration is a simple one, so the lady in the shop is going to pin it. However, she doesn’t feel comfortable doing mine. So it’s been put back until Thursday. Which gives them just over 4 weeks to adjust it, get me to try it on again, make more adjustments if necessary and then steam it to get the creases out. That’s not a lot of time.

I have also just found out that on Wednesday night, my sister will be at my mum and dads to see my cousin and my uncle. I haven’t seen my sister in nearly 3 years. She isn’t a pleasant person. She never calls my parents. Ever. She didn’t even send them a card for their 40th anniversary. Tom has never met her, and I was hoping he would never have to. She ALWAYS causes a scene. She caused a scene at my mum and dads 30th anniversary party. She refuses to come to my brothers wedding. She has a son who got his girlfriend pregnant. That means my parents were about to become great grandparents, and she didn’t even bother to tell them until my parents rang her for something. She doesn't care about anyone but herself.


Mum wants me to ignore all of that and just play happy families. Well I can't. I don't like the woman. I don't hate her, I'm indifferent to her. She means nothing to me. I could walk past her in the street and quite happily ignore her.

I think I might make my excuses and not be there Wednesday night. If she was that bothered about seeing the family, she should have accepted the invite to my brothers wedding.

4 Comments:

At 4:46 pm, May 12, 2006, Blogger Jolynn said...

That's sad about your sister, but I understand not wanting to see her. I wish I had the same problem with my clothes that your having with your wedding dress.

 
At 8:39 pm, May 12, 2006, Blogger Envoy-ette said...

There's one in every family I'm afraid! Do what YOU need to...to survive. You can't control your sister and you shouldn't have to put up with her sha-nanagins. I'm with Jolynn, wish I had a problem with my clothes being too big! LOL!

 
At 1:54 pm, May 14, 2006, Blogger Steve House said...

why cant people take responsibility.

 
At 11:59 pm, May 19, 2006, Blogger M said...

Hopefully, one day your sis will grow up and assume her role as an adult. Till then, avoidance works for me. I have a sil who is the same way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home