Friday, June 09, 2006

From one secondment, to another

My boss is loving me at the moment. I have just volunteered for another secondment. My third in a year. This time in Dudley. I'llbe training different stuff this time though, and I'll b e in on it from the very beginning so I'll be sat in on their Train The Trainer sessions.

How I’m going to cope with the accent for 3 months is beyond me. But hey, it means I don’t have to see my boss, so who am I to complain. I just hope the people are nice. The people in Warwick have mainly all been lovely. In fact, they want me to go to lunch with them next Tuesday so they can “present me with something”. It’s my last week, so I’m guessing its just a little something to say thank you for helping them out.

It’s my Race For Life on Sunday. So I am going to make one final bid for people to sponsor me. Cancer affects us all in some way. If we are fortunate to never get it ourselves, we more than likely know of someone who has. My brother beat cancer when he was 17, but it was touch and go for a while, we didn’t think he was going to make it. Last year, a friend of the family died of secondary cancer. She’d had breast cancer some years back. But it cam back with a vengeance and there was nothing they could do.

This is why it’s important to me. I want to be able to raise some money for a cause such as this. As a charity, Cancer Research UK rely overwhelmingly on the success of fundraising events such as Race For Life to continue their life-saving research into the prevention, treatment and cure of all forms of cancer.

I could be raising money to help someone you know.

Please sponsor me. It doesn’t have to be much. You guys across the pond can still sponsor me too as its all done on line.

Thanks guys

2 Comments:

At 1:23 am, June 10, 2006, Blogger AndieB said...

Good Luck Tomorrow!!!!

 
At 11:42 pm, June 10, 2006, Blogger serendipity said...

Thank you! And thank you for your kind donation!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home