Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Maths Never WAS My Strong Point

In an earlier post, I said I was getting married in a little over 10 weeks. I was wrong. How could I have miscounted that??!!

I get married on June 26th, so, correct me if I'm wrong, but I have checked and double-checked this time, and I make that to be under 9 weeks now. I'm not sure if that makes me feel excited or nervous. A bit of both I think.

One thing that hurts is that this should be one of the happiest times of my life, but given the situation with Sarah, I feel like I've got no one to share it with.

Another thing that upsets me is that Jack won't be there. I know that was a risk we took when we opted to get married abroad, but Jack was all set to come. He was coming with Sarah. Because Sarah let me down, it means Jack can't come. And I wouldn't expect him to come all that way on his own, he realises that after the wedding it's our honeymoon and therefore it's "us" time. I don't think Sarah realises how her actions affect other people.

If my parents weren't coming to the wedding, it would be Jack that would give me away. Maybe we can set a link up with a web cam so that even if he can't be there, he can still see us get married.

We went to pick Tom's suit for the wedding up yesterday. It's lovely. It is exactly what he wanted and it fits like a dream. We're both really pleased with it.

All we need now is a Spanish translator to translate our documents to take with us. After that, I think we're pretty much sorted.

Roll on June!!

6 Comments:

At 3:06 pm, April 26, 2006, Blogger Jolynn said...

How exciting! I'm excited for you. Sorry about your friend. That is just horrible and selfish of her.

 
At 4:03 pm, April 26, 2006, Blogger serendipity said...

i guess thats just what happens when you dont care about an yone but yourself

 
At 4:28 pm, April 26, 2006, Blogger Trista said...

Wow, under nine weeks! It will go by so fast. I'm not quite sure what has happened with your friend Sarah, but you should focus on your wedding. This should be one of the happiest times of your life, something that you only get to experience once, and you'll regret it if you let problems with you friend come in the way of that. And you have plenty of people to share this time of your life with - especially Tom. If you can't fix whatever is wrong, try to put it aside until after the wedding. This is your time to focus on you, and there is nothing wrong with that.

 
At 8:31 pm, April 26, 2006, Blogger She de la Handbag said...

Its a shame you're having difficulties with your friend but just try and focus on you, Tom, your wedding and the future your planning together!

You're planning the wedding you want abroad and although not everyone you want to be there can make it, why not film the wedding and have a screening and celebration with your friends when you get back?

The more parties the better:)

 
At 12:56 am, April 27, 2006, Blogger AndieB said...

Hola Amiga! Como esta? No se preocupe. Seré su traductor.

Translation:
Hello friend! How are you? Don't worry I will be your translator.

My 3 years of spanish will finally do someone some good!!

 
At 12:56 pm, April 28, 2006, Blogger serendipity said...

I'm hoping that they'll do another tour once they realise how successful this one is!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home