Sunday, April 23, 2006

Sunburn

I'm currently nursing a slightly sore sunburn.

Sunburn?! In the Midlands?

This is where I 'fess up and admit that I went on a sunbed. I don't go over the top on them. In fact, last year I only went on once. However, seeing as my brother is getting married in just under 4 weeks and I'm getting married in just over 10, I decided I needed a little bit of colour. I'm Italian; I wasn't born to be pasty.

Last week I went on, and to kick-start the process, I went on for 12 minutes. Come the evening I was a little rosy cheeked, but I wouldn't go so far as to say I was burnt. So I decided this week, not to go on for so long and went on for 10 minutes instead. Why then, are the back of my legs bright red and really sore? The rest of me is starting to look brown.

I took my mum to see my wedding dress yesterday. I didn't take her dress shopping with me as are tastes are extremely different and there is no way that she would have let me have the dress I chose if she was with me. It's too late now, there's nothing she can do about it.

I love my dress. I can't say too much about it on here coz the other half reads this blog, but let's just say it's not as traditional as it could be. So I must say I was a tad disappointed that she said "Yeah it's ok, but would be better if it was xyz." She then proceeded to show more of an interest in the other girl in the shop who was trying dresses on, as hers was xyz.

However, on the plus side, my folks did give me and Tom a rather hefty cheque yesterday which means that we can afford to get our new kitchen put in! YIPPEE!!!!

You have NO idea how happy that makes me!!

2 Comments:

At 8:27 pm, April 23, 2006, Blogger AndieB said...

New kitchens ohhhhh. I can't wai tto see what you picj out for it! I think your dress is BEAUTIFUL!

 
At 3:34 pm, April 24, 2006, Blogger Jolynn said...

pI am so jealous of the new kitchen! I want a new kitchen!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home