Thursday, August 31, 2006

New Beginnings

Thank you to those that have left comments and emailed me. I will contact you individually when my new blog is all set up and ready to go. I'm in the process of copying all my old stuff over, and Tom is going to work on designing me a new template.

For me, I think some of my best penmanship has been on this blog, and I don't want to lose that. Unfortunately, I am going to lose the comments, but I've seen myself grow, and I don't want that to be taken away from me.

I don't want to move blogs. I like my blog name, I like my ID, I like my readers, I like being Sweet Serendipity. It was supposed to be my safe zone, but down to one second of stupidity on my part, I lost it all. I now have to go from something I love, to something that is only OK.

I don't trust people very easily. In fact, I can count on one hand the people I completely trust. Tom and Jack are the two people I would trust with my life, but even Jack doesn't know about this blog. That's how personal Sweet Serendipity was to me.

I've tried hard to keep the identities of myself, my husband and my best friend, anonymous, as do many fellow bloggers, but even that is amusing to some people. My name isn't Serendipity, my husbands name isn't Tom and my best friends name isn't Jack, but so what?

The things that go on this blog are about my life. They define me as a person. To ridicule what goes on here is to ridicule me. To some people, it might seem acceptable to make fun of what I write, but to me, its offensive.

Maybe I've over-reacted and maybe I don't need to move blogs at all. But for me, I need to know that I'm not judged by the things that I put on here.

So although I'm sad about the move, I'm looking forward to the things it will bring.

2 Comments:

At 1:01 pm, September 01, 2006, Blogger zuzula said...

hang on... did miss something? I haven't seen anyone taking the piss out of you here honey...

 
At 7:10 pm, September 01, 2006, Blogger serendipity said...

no one's taken the piss out of me on the blog directly, but daily, at work

 

Post a Comment

<< Home