Tuesday, August 29, 2006

How can something so simple, be so complicated??

Once again I am annoyed at the incompetency of so called “professionals”. Once again, I find myself helpless and dependant upon other people. Other people who can't/won't do anything for me and quite frankly don't give a shit as long as it isn't them that's inconvenienced. .

Farking incompetent people.

I went into the bank on Saturday armed with my marriage certificate to change my name.

“I'll get that done for you Mrs B. You're current card will stay active until you're new one comes through. I'll get a new cheque book and credit card ordered for you too. I can't order it until Tuesday because of the bank holiday, but I'll put a note in my diary so that I make sure I do it.”

“Great, thank you very much”

So why then, do I get a phone call today telling me that my card has been cancelled. Somebody else went into that lady's diary today and instead of ordering me a new card because I'd changed my name, she went ahead and ordered my card as my previous one being lost. Therefore being cancelled. Therefore leaving me with no way of accessing any money until my new card comes through. Which I have been quoted as 7-10 days, although it USUALLY doesn't take that long. No guarantees though.

They volunteered to transfer money into Tom's account for me. They said I could go into the branch with ID and they'd take some cash out of my account for me. But after having my bag stolen a few years back, I don't like carrying much cash on me.

So it's their mistake, yet I'm the one that's got to deal with the inconvenience of it all. Fair to say, we won't be setting up our joint account with them.

I feel violated.

I can't use my bank account because I have no card.

I can't park my car in my designated parking area for fear of it being vandalised.

I can't have a day at home with my husband without being called a skiver by my father

And I can't write what I want to on my blog because of people taking the piss out of me.

When did it all get so hard?

7 Comments:

At 7:27 pm, August 29, 2006, Blogger Sven said...

You sound blue. People mocking you for blogging? Have they forgotten that you are the one who can publicly humiliate them at the push of a button? Some people will only learn the hard way, mwah ha ha ha (evil laugh to fade...)

Don't stress about the bank - these things happen and it's not personal. Just thank your lucky stars you only have to do this once and chalk it up to experience!

 
At 7:33 pm, August 29, 2006, Blogger Sven said...

Oh, and you're right about the languages by the way (sneaky link to help readers who aren't in the know) - kids should learn languages in the womb. Still, that's just Britain isn't it.: Half-hearted efforts and far too late.

 
At 7:45 pm, August 29, 2006, Blogger serendipity said...

not so much blue, just fed up.

i'm generalising i know, but the british dont think they need to speak languages because everyone else speaks english!!

 
At 12:24 am, August 30, 2006, Blogger AndieB said...

(((((Hug))))) you know I wouldn't take the piss outta ya! It is your blog and you say what ya wanna say!!!!! I missed you today! I've emailed you too!

 
At 4:46 am, August 30, 2006, Blogger Envoy-ette said...

Yes...knowing that family reads mine...I have to be extra careful! Sometimes they even call me to say..."That happened at 6:45..not 7:00!"

PICKY PICKY PICKY!!!!

 
At 4:12 pm, August 30, 2006, Blogger Jolynn said...

Can't they un-cancel it until your new card arrives. That is annoying. One time my card was deactivated because I tried using the wrong pin number like three or four times. I was so annoyed. It turns out I had two of the numbers mixed around. I'm a dope.

 
At 7:43 pm, August 30, 2006, Blogger serendipity said...

Mrs Burke - i missed ya too!! Feel better about having a chat about the donkey with you today!!

Envoyette - Tell me about it. What happened to having a place to write what we want?

Lass - It sucks, but at least yours was for protection, as they call it. Why they couldnt contact you first to make sure, I dont know

Jolynn - No, apparently not. It's a load of crap

 

Post a Comment

<< Home